Best Google Rumor

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Best Google Rumor

Post by loftguy »

At a late dinner party last night, a top exec, with a Kansas City based, top international firm, shared that Google is actively considering a purchase of the Sprint Campus in OP, for their world headquarters and leaving Mountain View.

Are the IKEA and Trader Joes activists available to get right to work on this?

Discuss among yourselves.....
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Best Google Rumor

Post by chaglang »

I'd be stunned. Too far from their talent pipeline.
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

:lol:

oh man, i needed that
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Well there goes the rent.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

I could be believe that it would be in addition to their Mountain View home, Maybe as a HQ of a division of Google. Google already has a pretty spread out work force. I know they have a large presence in OKC. Packing up and leaving California, while it would make financial sense, would be a PR nightmare.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

i suspect someone distorted what they heard. probably started out as "sprint actively trying to sell their campus to anyone, including google."
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Lol, that would be funny.

I don't even think the sprint campus would be big enough. If you look at google HQ on satellite and they have tons of buildings spread all over.

Its also kind of interesting some of the google campus is next to a mobile home park.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

loftguy wrote:At a late dinner party last night, a top exec, with a Kansas City based, top international firm, shared that Google is actively considering a purchase of the Sprint Campus in OP, for their world headquarters and leaving Mountain View.

I can't tell if you're joking. Please tell me if you are joking. My internet sarcasm filter is a little rusty this morning.
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

smh wrote:
loftguy wrote:At a late dinner party last night, a top exec, with a Kansas City based, top international firm, shared that Google is actively considering a purchase of the Sprint Campus in OP, for their world headquarters and leaving Mountain View.

I can't tell if you're joking. Please tell me if you are joking. My internet sarcasm filter is a little rusty this morning.
SMH, my absurd persona is fully shut off, now. The story is true, as outlined.

With regard to the issue of size, they said that the Sprint Campus would allow for expansion to fit Googles required footprint. I don't know this personally, but it is quoted as stated.

I have know this person for several years and their personality type, as well as their operating procedures, are that of a drop dead, no bullshit kind of person.
Otherwise, I would have passed over this as idle, too-much-wine bullshit.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

loftguy wrote:
smh wrote:

SMH, my absurd persona is fully shut off, now. The story is true, as outlined.

With regard to the issue of size, they said that the Sprint Campus would allow for expansion to fit Googles required footprint. I don't know this personally, but it is quoted as stated.

I have know this person for several years and their personality type, as well as their operating procedures, are that of a drop dead, no bullshit kind of person.
Otherwise, I would have passed over this as idle, too-much-wine bullshit.
Well, it certainly would be a boon for the region if it were to happen, no doubts there. This, naturally, leads to a f/u question: Where would Googlers live? I'd imagine a good chunk of them would live in the city as is the case in San Francisco where Google runs its own shuttle service to take employees to and from Mountain View.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I could see if it was a division of google like its android, cable/internet tv division but the whole HQ moving here makes no sense and don't think it would ever happen. The reason why all these companies are out in Silicon Valley is because of Stanford and all the talent that comes out of Stanford.

Stanford is the Alabama or Texas of top computer talent, KU, UMKC, MU and K State are like the D2 of computer talent
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

Everyone knows that Google is controlled by international, Jewish bankers. They obviously want to HQ at the Sprint compound so that they can be close to the Jewish Community Center and the Southland's many 'gogues.
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

So should we start calling the Sprint Center--the Google Dome...Google Saucer?
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

kboish wrote:So should we start calling the Sprint Center--the Google Dome...Google Saucer?
The Google Plex
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

bobbyhawks wrote:
kboish wrote:So should we start calling the Sprint Center--the Google Dome...Google Saucer?
The Google Plex
Yes! I knew there was something that would fit perfectly. LOL
KCtonic
New York Life
New York Life

Post by KCtonic »

Google in the KC area - even a smaller operations would be a huge get for KC. I just wish they were looking at downtown or closer to downtown if they are really thinking about this. Seems way too good to be true that they are talking a HQ move to KC area, but anything is possible I suppose.
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
droopy
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by droopy »

pash wrote:Likelier explanations for what loftguy heard last night:
  • One of the higher-ups of JimboLarry International, a domain-squatter in Raytown that owns the lucrative "guggel.co.za" name, mentioned that his company is looking at sub-letting office space on the Sprint campus.
  • After loftguy told a local executive about the time he Googled a guy he was about to hire and discovered he was a sex offender, the executive told loftguy about the time he "googled" a guy in a copy room at Sprint HQ, got fired, branded a sex offender, and sent to Mountain View Correctional Institution in North Carolina.
  • Always one to relish a juicy rumor, loftguy mentioned that he'd heard the Royals were going to sign a legit pitcher this offseason. A sarcastic local commercial real-estate executive chimed in, "Yeah, and I heard Google is going to buy the Sprint campus." Alas, loftguy didn't recognize those words as an industry-specific version of "a snowball's chance in hell."
Sounds plausible and more likely closer to reality. :D

If anything happens I'd bet it would be Google's ISP/Cable division. I submit Googopolis as a name.
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

pash wrote: ..............Always one to relish a juicy rumor, loftguy mentioned that he'd heard the Royals were going to sign a legit pitcher this offseason.......

Even I, have limits, Pash.
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.