Big 12 Football 2009

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Re: Big 12 Football 2009

Post by kcmetro »

KCPowercat wrote:
Obviously.  If a coach won't jump to KU, he's obviously not going to jump anywhere...ehhhhh.

Turner is a HOME RUN hire guys....just look at that MAC record.
Good job at taking my words out of context.  I was speaking about KU caliber programs.  MU is a KU caliber program.  The only non-KU caliber programs in the Big 12 are Nebraska, OU, UT, and maybe A&M.  I could see Harbaugh taking those offers more seriously.  Besides, from what I'm hearing, it sounds like Harbaugh was going to be a done deal, but he backed out at the last minute.  None of us know what happened though, so that's speculation.

I fully expect KU to compete for the North title next season.  Our schedule is very favorable.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I think you expected that for this year as well....should be much easier without your mini-me QB?
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

kcmetro wrote: I fully expect KU to compete for the North title next season.
:lol: They better compete next season, because after all, HISTORY AWAITS!!  And waits.   And waits.  And it is still waiting.
KC is the way to be!
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

kcmetro wrote: I fully expect KU to compete for the North title next season.  Our schedule is very favorable.
But a lot of graduations at key positions (Reesing, Sharp, Meier) along with Briscoe's early departure.  Take all that and put in a new coach and I would be very surprised if KU had any legitimate shot at the Big XII North title next year; I don't think their pre-season expectations will be very high.  I think it's going to be between MU and Nebraska.
MoMan
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by MoMan »

kcmetro wrote: MU is a KU caliber program. 

... from what I'm hearing, it sounds like Harbaugh was going to be a done deal, but he backed out at the last minute. 

I fully expect KU to compete for the North title next season.  Our schedule is very favorable.
The delusional scope of this post is hilariously breathtaking.  Vintage kcmetro.
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

kcmetro wrote: I fully expect KU to compete for the North title next season.  Our schedule is very favorable.
You are completely and absolutely delusional.  Please go check yourself into the nearest mental facility.
shinatoo wrote: Hopefully MU can pick up Harbaugh next year after Pinkle is gone. I was never a big fan of his and I thing Chase Daniel saved his job at MU. I think next year will be Pinkle's meltdown year.
You're probably going to be waiting quite a while.  Missouri loses 8 players off of its entire 2-deep from a team that won 8 games this year, and the level of incoming talent is (supposedly) higher than it ever has been before.
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

Turner Gill = Ron Prince?
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

kcmetro wrote: MU is a KU caliber program. 
Perhaps a KU Caliber team (This year), but a KU Caliber Program?  Give me a break.  MU's program is light years ahead of KU's, and has been for the last century.

Hell, one look on Scouts or Rivals and you'd realize just how poor a state the Kansas Program is in, when compared to MU's.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

im2kull wrote: Perhaps a KU Caliber team (This year), but a KU Caliber Program?  Give me a break.  MU's program is light years ahead of KU's, and has been for the last century.

Hell, one look on Scouts or Rivals and you'd realize just how poor a state the Kansas Program is in, when compared to MU's.
In the short term you're probably right, but historically speaking very few people outside of the local fanbases give two shits about Mizzou or kansas.

Luckily the past has little to do with actually hiring coaches and recruiting players.
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

im2kull wrote: Perhaps a KU Caliber team (This year), but a KU Caliber Program?  Give me a break.  MU's program is light years ahead of KU's, and has been for the last century.

lot of good its done.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
MoMan
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by MoMan »

im2kull wrote: Hell, one look on Scouts or Rivals and you'd realize just how poor a state the Kansas Program is in, when compared to MU's.
One look at police blotters throughout the region would lead one to the same realization as well.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

Light years ahead of KU?  LOL!  Get your head out of your ass.  MU and KU are on the same level.  Besides, how many BCS bowl wins does MU have?
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

KC-wildcat wrote: Turner Gill = Ron Prince?

Not a chance.
MoMan
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by MoMan »

kcmetro wrote: Light years ahead of KU?  LOL!  Get your head out of your ass.  MU and KU are on the same level.  Besides, how many BCS bowl wins does MU have?
Stick with the basketball smack.

MU has played in the Sugar, Orange, and Fiesta bowls a number of times throughout its history, and was the victor more than once.

In KU's most glorious year in football, when it beat no team during the regular season with a winning record and when it played in and won its lone big bowl game, Mizzou beat them at Arrowhead, won the North division, and finished ranked higher in the final polls.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

MoMan wrote: Stick with the basketball smack.

MU has played in the Sugar, Orange, and Fiesta bowls a number of times throughout its history, and was the victor more than once.

In KU's most glorious year in football, when it beat no team during the regular season with a winning record and when it played in and won its lone big bowl game, Mizzou beat them at Arrowhead, won the North division, and finished ranked higher in the final polls.

KU has been in the Orange Bowl before 2007 as well.  Give it up, modork.  MU and KU are the same program.  Only MU fans think there's a difference.  But everyone outside the delusional MU fanbase knows this fact.

Gill is also bringing in a hell of a supporting cast as well.  Might be the best coaching staff in the north.  8)
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

to have the best staff, shouldn't you have the best head coach?  Turner Gill is not that man in 2010.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Gil is 20-30 in the MAC.  So, is he expecting a winning record in the Big 12?
KC is the way to be!
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

kcmetro wrote: Not a chance.
We'll see. 

Young, charismatic, bold.  Unproven.  Less than stellar coaching career.   
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by phxcat »

If he is relatively sane, he is not Ron Prince.  However, there reading the accounts of how he wowed Lew Perkins with his plan for success and of his interview skills is very reminiscent of how Prince was hired. 
kcmetro wrote: KU has been in the Orange Bowl before 2007 as well.  Give it up, modork.  MU and KU are the same program.  Only MU fans think there's a difference.  But everyone outside the delusional MU fanbase knows this fact.

Gill is also bringing in a hell of a supporting cast as well.  Might be the best coaching staff in the north.  8)
Best staff in the north?  Not close.  He is bringing in coordinators who are more experienced than he is, which is a good first move and a failing of Prince's, but these aren't exactly top line coordinators.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

MoMan wrote: Pinkel has a great class of incoming recruits signed, with more to come.  If he can't make a lot of noise next year with the talent he'll be working with, maybe it would be time to question his coaching abilities.

Harbaugh would conceivably find the Mizzou job very attractive, given the load of raw talent on the team, the Tigers' recruiting dominance in the North division's largest and most recruit-rich state, and the fact that his wife is a native Missourian.  I doubt that would be enough to offset the siren call of a job at Michigan, but it undoubtedly would make the Mizzou job way more appealing than the disarray he would have been burdened with at football-indifferent Kansas. 

Harbaugh was offered nearly 3 million dollars to coach at Kansas and he turned it down.  I don't think he would have walked away from that kind of offer unless he had some serious reservations about the program he'd be asked to turn around and/or the people he would have been reporting to.
But if he wouldn't take a job at a KU he certainly wouldn't at MU. That should be as obvious as the nose on your face... sorry, should be obvious if you have a big yellow beak that blinds you to the fact that the KU football job is only slightly more desirable than Baylor in the Big 12.