Big 12 Football 2009

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Re: Big 12 Football 2009

Post by kcmetro »

KCPowercat wrote: you may just be the most myopic fan of any team that frequents this site.  Congrats.
Lew just stated in an interview with Frank Boal that he talked to Harbaugh, but never offered him the job.  8)
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

kcmetro wrote: Lew just stated in an interview with Frank Boal that he talked to Harbaugh, but never offered him the job.   8)
Its all semantics - In college athletics the job is never "officially offered" unless its going to be taken. 
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

KCPowercat wrote: but since it was brought up, I think its pretty safe to say turner won't be mentioned in the same breath as roy williams or bill snyder many more times....
You hope.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

I hear Jim Leavitt is in hot water for beating players maybe Bill can reassemble the band and get MM and Leavitt back on the sidelines. 
AJoD
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by AJoD »

kcmetro wrote: It sounds like Gill was Lew's #1 guy, even if he wasn't most fans' #1 guy.  He was the first one he interviewed, and the rumors about Harbaugh were just rumors.  Lew made it pretty clear that he loved Gill from the first time he met him, and it sounds like he wanted him all along.
I heard Perkins address the "was he your first choice" question this in the press conference this morning in a pretty circumspect manner.  Something like "I talked to Turner first and I have a lot of respect for him, take that however you like."  Which I took pretty clearly to mean he wasn't the first choice.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

nd...lets just say the possibility won't have me up at night.  Obviously I hope he's no Snyder...at least at least while he's in Lawrence.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

kcmetro wrote: Jibberish! Thoughtless! KU fan banter!
Clearly, the Phog effects more than just Kansas opponents.  :lol:
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

im2kull wrote: Clearly, the Phog effects more than just Kansas opponents.  :lol:
Here's to brotha2kull, fan of all Big 12 teams!  And self admitted KU fan!  :lol:
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

kcmetro wrote: Here's to brotha2kull, fan of all Big 12 teams!  And self admitted KU fan!  :lol:
That's right.  Luckily I know how to keep it in my pants when it comes to obsessing over one team.  :cheers:
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

im2kull wrote: That's right.  Luckily I know how to keep it in my pants when it comes to obsessing over one team.   :cheers:
and that way you can claim to be on the right side of every argument!!
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

NDTeve wrote: and that way you can claim to be on the right side of every argument!!
Since when is ND part of the Big 12?

Try me.
THINK (ONE) KC.
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by phxcat »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: The irony of one banned poster bitching about another banned poster.  At least MD doesn't keep coming back with puppets like MoMan. 
If MoMan were Michael, he would be dropping F-bombs all over the place and challenging people to fights already.
KCMax wrote: Roy Williams wasn't in KU's top five choices when they initially hired him. Coach K, Cremins, Fogler and Gary Williams all turned KU down.

I've heard the same goes for KSU hiring Bill Snyder.

They both turned out okay.
They are the rare exceptions.  Gill is high-risk/ high reward.  He may very well be a Williams/Snyder type hire, but he will probably flame out in three or four years.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

K-State's Brandon Banks arrested on charges of battery and unlawful possession of a stimulant.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4741986
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

Funny that MoMan drops police blotter bombs on KU and less than a day later...2 Mizzou female hoops players beat up a mail cheerleader and Banks gets arrested.

Once again...all three of these schools have off the field issues. One is not better than the other.
- Mark Twain
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

phxcat wrote: If MoMan were Michael, he would be dropping F-bombs all over the place and challenging people to fights already.
Oh he's clearly wisened up.  The whole subterfuge of suggesting Panic is who I was calling out as him is the dead giveaway.  If it weren't him, why would it occurr to anyone else to go through that motion.  He has figured out that if he restricts his posting to 100% KU bashing in the sports forum and doesn't use any foul language, the mods will leave him alone. 
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I am shocked by Brandon....shocked he stayed clean all football season....and wtf a 5'5 guy battering ANYONE?
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
KCFutbol
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCFutbol »

Turner Gill will be the 2nd NU QB to coach at KU>

http://www.omaha.com/article/20091214/SPORTS/712149854
MoMan
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by MoMan »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Oh he's clearly wisened up.  The whole subterfuge of suggesting Panic is who I was calling out as him is the dead giveaway.  If it weren't him, why would it occurr to anyone else to go through that motion.  He has figured out that if he restricts his posting to 100% KU bashing in the sports forum and doesn't use any foul language, the mods will leave him alone. 

Yeah, you nailed me.  I'm Michael.

How could I possibly have believed I could fool anyone as brilliant and all-knowing as Lenexa.

Damn that "Panic" foul-up...
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

MoMan wrote:

Yeah, you nailed me.  I'm Michael.

How could I possibly have believed I could fool anyone as brilliant and all-knowing as Lenexa.

Damn that "Panic" foul-up...
Think I can speak for everyone in this forum when we say that its been great having you back.

&&&
- Mark Twain
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

NDTeve wrote: Think I can speak for everyone in this forum when we say that its been great having you back.

&&&
Imposters forget the ?
THINK (ONE) KC.