Big 12 Football 2009

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Re: Big 12 Football 2009

Post by kcmetro »

KCPowercat wrote: yes the world think lawrence is right next to NYC.

do you just recycle these same old 'slams' over and over or does a new one ever appear?
There's not a lot to hate about Manhattan, but that dumb song is surely at the top of the list.  It would just annoy the hell out of me if I was a KSU fan.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I've often thought of switching teams due to in-game entertainment choices.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

KCPowercat wrote: I've often thought of switching teams due to in-game entertainment choices.
I'm happy you put up with that nearly 20 year stretch of bad basketball in Bramlage, and didn't give up on your team.  :wink:
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

kcmetro wrote: I know Manhattan is out in the middle of nowhere...
Yep, 'bout an hour west of Lawrence. 
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Just an update on former Wildcats, Tigers and Jayhawks in the pros:

Mizzou:
QB Chase Daniel is the only backup QB on the Saints roster and will step in if Drew Brees gets hurt. He had a terrific pre-season and shows competency in handling their offense. I just read "What the Dog Saw" by Malcolm Gladwell and there is a whole chapter devoted to Daniel and how its next to impossible to predict NFL success for QBs based on college performance. He's kinda living up to that.

WR Danarrio Alexander is on the Rams practice squad but injuries are expected to keep him out all year.

TE Martin Rucker was waived by the Eagles, picked up by the Bucs, waived by the Bucs, picked up by the Cowboys, and waived by the Cowboys. A hamstring injury is keeping him from playing at 100%.

TE Chase Coffman was cut by the Bengals but re-signed to their practice squad.

LB Sean Weatherspoon has won the SLB starting job in Atlanta.

S William Moore will be the backup SS in Atlanta.

WR Jeremy Maclin will be the starting receiver/kick returner for the Eagles and is expected to get more passes his way this year.

DL Ziggy Hood will be part of a defensive line rotation for the Steelers

OG Colin Brown was cut by the Chiefs

KU:
WR Dezmon Briscoe was cut by the Bengals but signed to the Buccaneers practice squad

WR Kerry Meier was having a nice preseason and was said to be winning a job until he got hurt and is now out for the year

SS Darrell Stuckey will start in San Diego

K-State:

QB Josh Freeman is firmly the starting QB in Tampa

CB Josh Moore has made the Bears squad as a special teamer/reserve defensive back
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Isn't Aqib Talib still with the bucks or did he manage to get himself drug tested out of the league?  Anthony Collins is still with the Bengals, Justin Hartwig with the Steelers and Moran Norris is still with the Niners. 
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Hartwig was a surprise cut by the Steelers. Talib is still with the Bucs, but will serve a one game suspension for violating the league's personal conduct code.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Isn't Jordy Nelson still playing too?
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

There are probably 10+ KStaters on NFL rosters not listed above.  Sproles, Newman, McGraw, Simoneaeu, Cartwright, Nelson, Banks, etc.  

So, enough about KU's debacle.  KSUers, you guys confident we can go 4-0 in first 4 games?  I am.  ISU will be a good test.  Not sure I was too impressed with what I saw from them the other night against Northern Illinois.  17 pt. win.  But NIU missed 2 fgs, and fumbled once in the redzone.  Notably, NIU rushed for 170 yds and a TD.  NIU isn't very good.  

Against a pretty good run defense, KSU put up 320 rushing yards and 3 rushing TDs.  We also dominated time of possession:  36mins - 24 mins.  

Though our run defense isn't anything special, I think Thomas is gonna be too much for them.  

Thoughts?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I hope the Arthur brown rumors of being eligible this year are true. LB is making me nervous.  DB was a pleasant surprise and the DL will be on and off it seems.

On offense, if coffman can do what he did on that last td drive (well 2nd to last I guess) with a little consistency, I would feel much better. That missed deep bomb to brodrick still dumbfounds me.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

KCPowercat wrote: That missed deep bomb to brodrick still dumbfounds me.
As am I.